Monday 28 October 2013

Snippets of the week #3


This week has been dominated by a very touristy event: a visit to the Tower of London. Otherwise I made myself a breakfast with a taste from home, had Thai food at the Borough Market did some book shopping on King’s Road, and had some interesting bus experiences.

Pad Thai @ Borough Market
 
Eggs with Pumpkin Seed Oil

 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
The Tower of London is a huge place, and it’s very tiring because you are basically climbing stairs up and down the entire time. But the architecture alone is extremely impressive, and so is the history. The weather was gorgeous, the sun was out and it was the perfect fall day!



 


  
 I travelled quite a bit by bus this week, and had some thoughts. First of all, why would people take the spot at the very front on the top of the bus, if they planned on staring at their tablet anyway?



I took the bus one evening, and observed the following.
Woman sitting on bus, on the phone.
- I'm on the bus...(louder) I'm on the bus!!! (basically shouting) I'm on the bus!!!!
- (Quieter) I've just shouted to everyone on this bus
- Yes, I'm on the bus...(quietly)...I'm on the Nr 10 bus
- (Almost whispering now) Yes, I'm on the bus...





 
 


               

No comments:

Post a Comment